Social Media Sites You Should Know About…
Posted by INRA on August 22, 2009
Hello Everyone, I’ve started my new blog, and was thinking for a while as to why I am doing this?, and the answer which came back to me was: “Boss, you like to make friends, you want to build your network, you are in to Social Media Optimization, Hence you should have a platform to discuss your ideas with your friends.” Hmm… 🙂 that was true..So I thought Why not give it a try. So I am here. Now the next thing which strikes me was Where should I began with? Again, my so called intelligent sixth sense answered – boss, what happen to you, you want to build network and what else can be a start then to give your friends a list of sites where they should be to build their own network…Hmmmm…True again…So Friends, Here my first post – Social Media Sites you should know about…
1. Facebook – This site is an excellent way to become engaged with your customers. Start a page and start a conversation.
2. Twitter – Convenient and efficient way to let your fans and customers know what you’re up to.
3. MySpace – This has definitely lost some popularity with the rise of Facebook and Twitter, but still offers a great platform to keep in touch with your customers.
4. LinkedIn – An extremely professional approach to social networking. This is a spectacular way to meet business contacts and to connect with new potential customers.
5. Digg – The most popular news submission site. Submit your blog posts and digg away!
6. Technorati – This is for avid blog readers and blog owners. Favorite great blogs and blog posts and track the reactions to your blog.
7. StumbleUpon – Another news submission and voting platform that can generate traffic to your web site.
8. Reddit – Vote for news pieces and submit your own.
9. YouTube – YouTube is great for video-friendly companies. No one wants to sit around and watch a guy in a suit go on and on about making money at home in monotone, but if you run an entertainment agency or a record label or something fun, there’s always that possibility your videos could go viral!
10. Care2 – For the socially conscious business man or woman. Set up your profile, donate to worthy causes, submit and vote on news pieces, sign petitions and much more.
11. Plaxo – Another very professional approach to social networking. Make new business connections and find new vendors or customers.
12. Mixx – News submission and popularity contest. Recommend what you like.
13. Sphinn – This social news site focuses on search engine marketing and web development. A must if you want to keep on top of SEO strategies.
14. Wikipedia – Create your business’ page and add to other pages. You can also join in the dicussionsin the community portal.
15 Newsvine – Seed links to articles, write your own article and discuss already seeded news items.
16. Yahoo! Answers – a crowd-sourced knowledge web site where users ask questions and answer them while earning points and gaining ranks.
17. Monster.com – Submit your resume to find a job or find a new employee for your business. Monster is the largest job search engine in the world.
18. FriendFeed – Aggregate the feeds from all of your social networking profiles and show your activity in one place.
19. DeviantART – for artists: showcase your art and connect with others.
20. Flickr – A photo sharing social network.
Seems like too much for my first post, no worries…haven’t finished yet..just finishing this post…or may be creating a sequal…will be back with next set of list soon…
Just Watch this space…
This entry was posted on August 22, 2009 at 12:01 AM and is filed under SEO. Tagged: SEO, SMO, Social Media Sites, Social Networking. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.